Why Healthy Breakfast is Necessary

Life can be extremely hectic, and making sure we get the proper nutrition to keep ourselves running efficiently can be tricky. Breakfast is one of the most challenging times, but using some fast healthy breakfast ideas can help you get a great breakfast without requiring a lot of extra time. Start your day off right […]

Lower Back Pain Exercises

There are many things that can cause lower back pain and it can happen to just about anyone. The lower back is comprised of two bone plates that can be disrupted easily. Also, the low part of someones back is often weaker than the rest of their body. People do not do enough to exercise […]

What Causes Heart Disease

If you or someone you love has heart disease you may be wondering what causes heart disease. There are actually several things that can cause it and one size doesn’t fit all. This guide will go over the several types of things that can cause heart disease and what you should do to counter them.

Maternal Evolution

My great-grandmother was the village midwife in a little town in Quebec. She birthed fifteen children of her own, raising a total of eighteen children. The whole family worked on the farm which provided their entire sustenance. The local women called upon great-grandmother when needing assistance birthing their children, due to her vast experience. On […]

Honoring Natural Variables

“Nature is full of genius, full of the divinity; so that not a snowflake escapes its fashioning hand.” – Henry David Thoreau SnowflakeInevitably when you and your friends go shopping, go out to eat or even order coffee you encounter and accept variables. Some will take their coffee black, with cream, honey, sugar or order […]

Healing the Belly

Babies begin their lives in the belly of their mothers. The belly is a safe, warm, and loving place. It is near to the mother’s heart. The belly is massaged by the rhythmic tides of the diaphragm. The belly is the center of nutrition, both physically, emotionally, and spiritually. The belly has been revered by […]

Craniosacral Therapy for Babies & Beyond

Pregnant women, infants, and children can powerfully benefit from the nurturing results of Craniosacral Therapy. Treating babies is the first few days, weeks, and months of their life can prevent a multitude of health conditions in later life, as well as treat a variety of common newborn concerns. CranioSacral Therapy is a very gentle and […]

Connecting to Nature

by Kara Maia Spencer When I was pregnant with my son, I dreamed of green forests, ocean waves, and being immersed in wild nature. I was living an urban life in Seattle at the time, and due to my dreams calling me to nature, I felt a strong urge to move to a more rural […]

Birth in the New Millenium

We live in an unprecedented time in human history. Humanity faces incredible challenges and also great possibility. We can no longer ignore the fact that humans are interdependent, and completely reliant upon the Earth. The one experience that every human has in common with one another is that we are all born. Birth is transforming. […]

Biodynamic Birth

Michel Odent, a French obstetrician-turned-midwife and primal health researcher, advocates in his book Farmer and the Obstetrician for the practice of biodynamic attitude toward birth. “Bio” means biological; the way of nature. In birth, this is to understand the normal physiological process of birth, gravity, hormones, and decreasing intervention by birth practitioners to allow instinctive […]

« Older posts